Lunchbox Theatrical Productions' international touring production of Cameron Mackintosh and Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Phantom of the Opera"; Atlantis Production's Southeast Asian premiere of Disney's "The Little Mermaid"; Resorts World Manila's lavish revival of Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II's "The King and I"; Tony winner Lea Salonga's return to acting in a straight play via Atlantis Productions and Singapore Repertory Theatre's international touring production of Yasmina Reza's "God of Carnage"; and award-winning film actors Eugene Domingo and Edgar Allan Guzman's turn as doomed lovers Bona and Gino in Layeta Bucoy's stage adaptation of one of Lino Brocka's movie masterpieces, "Bona"; among others have won nominations for this year's BroadwayWorld (BWW) Philippines Awards.
BroadwayWorld.com, the premier theater news website in the United States, in the United Kingdom, and in more than 20 other countries, has expanded, updated, and is now ready for this year's BWW Awards that are conducted simultaneously across all local and international markets, including the Philippines.
After a record number of nominations - around 4,000 entries - garnered mainly from the Philippines since last month, and a careful proofing by Oliver Oliveros, regional site editor for the Philippines, BWW is excited to announce that voting has begun for this year's BWW Philippines Awards. (Click HERE to Vote!)
Voting has been extended to Monday, Dec. 31, 2012; voters can only vote once.
BWW will provide live statistics throughout the voting period.
Filipino theater fans must make sure to check back often.
Below is a complete list of nominees for the 2012 BWW Philippines Awards:
Best International Touring Production (Musical/Play)
(1) "God of Carnage" (Atlantis Productions, Singapore Repertory Theatre)
(2) "Mamma Mia!" (Lunchbox Theatrical Productions)
(3) "Potted Potter" (Lunchbox Theatrical Productions)
(4) "The Phantom of the Opera" (Lunchbox Theatrical Productions)
(5) "Varekai" (Cirque du Soleil)
Best Locally Produced Broadway Show (Musical/Play)
(1) Disney's "The Little Mermaid" (Atlantis Productions)
(2) "Jekyll and Hyde" (Repertory Philippines)
(3) "Nine" (Atlantis Productions)
(4) Rodgers and Hammerstein's "The King and I" (Resorts World Manila)
(5) "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" (9 Works Theatrical)
Best Filipino Musical (New/Revival)
(1) "A Fire in the Soul" (De La Salle University)
(2) "Ang BAGONG HARANA" (Philippine Opera Company)
(3) "Joe: A Filipino Rock'sical" (Philippine Stagers Foundation)
(4) Nacario and Belbis' "Peter Pan: A Musical Adventure in Neverland" (Kids Acts Philippines)
(5) "Stageshow" (Tanghalang Pilipino)
Best Filipino Play (New/Revival)
(1) "Ang Bangkay" (Philippine Stagers Foundation)
(2) "Battalia Royale" (Sipat Lawin Ensemble)
(3) "Bona" (Philippine Educational Theater Association)
(4) "Kanser" (Gantimpala Theater Foundation)
(5) "Walang Kukurap" (Tanghalang Pilipino)
Best Music for a Filipino Musical (New/Revival)
(1) Eugene Belbis for "Peter Pan: A Musical Adventure in Neverland" (Kids Acts Philippines)
(2) Von de Guzman for "A Fire in the Soul" (De La Salle University)
(3) Ed Gatchalian for "Rivalry: Ateneo-La Salle the Musical" (4th Wall Theatre Company)
(4) William Elvin Manzano for "Flight of a Falcon: A Musical History (Word of Mouth Theater Philippines)
(5) Fulgencio Tolentino, Constancio de Guzman, Mike Velarde, and Chino Toledo for "Walang Sugat" (Tanghalang Pilipino)